Featured Article
Chipping Away at the Defense of Marriage Act & Immigration Rights for All
Chipping Away at the Defense of Marriage Act & Immigration Rights for All

Both the federal government and individual states have the right to pass laws, which are sometimes in conflict with each other, making the intersection of marriage equality and immigration a complex one. In 1982, in Adams v. Howerton, the United States Court of Appeals for ...

Read More

Blog posts in Family Based Immigration

  • I-601a

    The I-601a, Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, is used provisionally to waive the three and ten-year bar grounds of inadmissibility. It may be ...

    View More
  • K-1 Visa vs. Consular Processing as a Married Couple

    If you are a United States Citizen, your fiancé is living abroad, and you’d like to bring them to the United States, generally speaking, you have two ...

    View More
  • Public Charge

    When applying for an immigrant or non-immigrant visa, immigration will evaluate an applicant’s potential for becoming a ‘public charge.’ Under the ...

    View More
  • How Does Someone Obtain a Green Card Through Marriage?

    There are two ways an individual can apply for a green card through marriage. They can either go down the path of Adjustment of Status or consular ...

    View More
  • Affidavit of Support

    What is an Affidavit of Support? An Affidavit of Support is Form I-864 under Section 213A of the I.N.A. The Affidavit is a signed, legal contract ...

    View More
  • Family Visa Options for Immigrants

    According to the National Immigration Forum, family-based immigration accounts for about 65% of people attempting to immigrate to the US . United ...

    View More
  • Appealing an Immigration Decision to the BIA

    It is tempting to feel deflated after an immigration judge denies your case. You may have had to walk out of a merits hearing empty-handed, but we ...

    View More
  • I Filed a Petition to Join Family Members in the U.S. Now What?

    The U.S. offers a range of visas to enter the U.S. legally. If you have family members who are here in the U.S. legally they can submit a petition for ...

    View More
  • What if I Get Married While I Am in Removal Proceedings?

    Whether you marry prior to or after your placement in removal proceedings by USCIS, you must prove that your marriage is bona fide, or genuine in ...

    View More

Contact Us Today!

Schedule a FREE Case Evaluation
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.