As of February 2021, we are open again and accepting in-office consultations.

If you want to know more about the Biden's Proposed Immigration Reform, watch our video!

Visas, Green Cards & Waivers - Keeping Families Together

U Visa Attorneys in Oakland

Providing Effective Legal Services across the Bay Area

Nobody wants to be deported from the United States, especially people with family in the country. If you are legally eligible for a U visa, obtaining one can be a way to avoid deportation. It is also a way for undocumented people to apply for legal immigration documents for the first time.

A U visa is specifically for non-U.S. citizens who have been hurt in a crime.

There are four requirements to qualify for a U visa, including:

  • You were a victim of a qualifying serious crime.
  • You were helpful in the police investigation and the prosecution of the crime.
  • You suffered severe emotional or physical abuse in conjunction with the crime.
  • You must be “admissible,” which means you cannot have a serious criminal history or a history of immigration violations (unless you are eligible for a “waiver” of your grounds of inadmissibility).

Helping Crime Victims Obtain Visas

At Landerholm Immigration, A.P.C., our Oakland immigration attorneys help people obtain documentation and avoid removal from the United States.

We may be able to help you if you can answer “yes” to any of these questions:

  • Since arriving in the United States, have you or anyone in your family been a victim of domestic violence or abuse that you reported to the police?
  • Have you been in a witness assistance program?
  • Were you or anyone in your family hurt in a drug-related or gang-related crime?
  • Were you or anyone in your family ever the victim of sexual assault, rape, or other abuse?
  • Were you or anyone in your family ever severely victimized by your employer who failed or refused to pay you for your work?

Every situation is different. Seek the advice of a lawyer if you have questions about visas or Green Cards.

If you are searching for an Oakland U-visa attorney, our firm can help you. Our attorneys serve clients throughout Northern California, the United States, and the world. Contact us now at (510) 756-4468. Call to set up a consultation with our Oakland immigration lawyers.

Contact Us Today!

Schedule a FREE Case Evaluation
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.