Starting June 1, 2020, we are open for in-person consultations! We have social distancing protocols in place to keep everyone safe.

Please DOWNLOAD our FREE GUIDE for Immigrants to THRIVE during the COVID-19 Pandemic ( English / Español )!

Bringing Family Members to The U.S.

Bringing Family Members to The U.S.

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPR) of the United States can petition for certain relatives to obtain a visa to move here. LPRs are immigrants who have obtained a green card, granting them the right to live and work in the U.S. permanently.

Families start the process by filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once USCIS approves the petition, the family members can apply for the family visa - sometimes requiring a long wait, and sometimes immediately. Visas for immediate family members are unlimited.

Immigration Based on Family A U.S. citizen can file an immigrant visa petition for:
  • Spouse
  • Son or daughter
  • Parent
  • Brother or sister
A U.S. lawful permanent resident (that is, a green-card holder) can file an immigrant visa petition for:
  • Spouse
  • Unmarried son or daughter

Applications for family visas may appear straight forward, but any petition to US DHS requires extensive paperwork. An experienced immigration lawyer at Landerholm Immigration, A.P.C. can help you navigate the process. Contact us for a free consultation at (510) 756-4468.


Contact Us Today!

Schedule a FREE Case Evaluation
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.