Undocumented immigrants in California are able to obtain a valid driver’s license known as the AB 60. You obtain the license through the California Department of Motor Vehicles, just like any other driver’s license. You can find out how to apply for it on the agency’s website.

It’s critical to remember what the AB 60 is not. It is not a federal ID card. Do not try to use it to board an airplane or to go onto federal property such as a military base. It is not a form of identification that will substitute for paperwork validating your presence in the U.S.

You can watch this free video from Otis Landerholm that explains more about the AB 60 Driver’s License and how to apply for it.

Landerholm Immigration, A.P.C. has a team of experienced immigration lawyers who specialize in serving people who are at risk for deportation. Call (510) 491-0291 for a free evaluation of your case.