Family Based Petitions & Green Cards
Oakland Family Immigration Lawyers
The United States immigration system provides different ways for families to be together. The most common method involves the issuing of a green card, which signifies the permanent resident status of a person who is not a U.S. citizen. A green card allows a person to obtain a driver’s license, hold a job and enjoy many other benefits of permanent residence, and it is an important step on the path to citizenship.
A family-based petition is a common method of getting a green card. An experienced immigration lawyer can help you understand how to file a family-based petition for a green card for your spouse, parent, child, fiancé, fiancée, sibling or other loved one.
Help With Family-Based Petitions And Green Cards
At the Landerholm Immigration, A.P.C. in Oakland, our attorneys help clients and their families obtain visas and green cards by filing family-based petitions. We can help you if your situation involves:
- Bringing family over from another country
- A U.S. citizen who is married to a foreign national and wishes to obtain a green card for him or her
- A U.S. citizen who has turned 21 and wants to file a family-based petition for his or her parents
- Adjustment of status, which applies to spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents
- Questions about whether you need to return to your home country to process a green card
- I-751 petitions to remove conditions from green cards when necessary
- Waivers for green cards when necessary
We also help people obtain fiancé(e) visas and handle many other important immigration issues.
Citizenship Attorneys Serving Oakland The Bay Area | We Offer Free 15 Minute Case Evaluations | Hablamos Español | Nós Falamos O Português | 中文
If you need the advice of a Oakland family immigration attorney, our firm can help you. Our lawyers provide Northern California families with guidance regarding green cards.
Contact us now we offer free 15 minute case evaluations.