Cancellation of Removal
Bay Area Lawyers for Cancellation of Removal
Cancellation of Removal is a broad concept in immigration law that includes the following specific laws:
- 42A Cancellation of Removal for Permanent Residents
- 42B Cancellation of Removal for Certain Nonpermanent Residents
- VAWA Cancellation of Removal for certain victims of abuse
- 212(c) cases
- Old (Pre-1997) Suspension of Deportation
- Special Rule Cancellation under NACARA, HRIFA and others.
An application for Cancellation of Removal is essentially a statement that “even though I may be ‘deportable’ under the laws, please don’t deport me today because I am eligible under one of the laws passed by congress.” If the judge agrees, not only will you be allowed to stay in the US, but you will actually be allowed to either keep or apply for permanent residence (a green card)!
If you believe you may be eligible for any of the Cancellation of Removal laws, please do not sign deportation, and do not hesitate! Call our office and get a free evaluation today!