Sign up to receive important updates and information right in your inbox!
The New York State Attorney General and acting Brooklyn District Attorney recently called for a halt to actions by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents that are hampering the operations of state and local courts. By appearing in courthouses nationwide in order to detain individuals who show up for court in unrelated legal proceedings, ICE … Continue reading “ICE Courthouse Arrests Continue”
If an immigration court has issued you an order of deportation, then you will soon be told when you must leave the United States. But what happens if you don’t agree with the order or if you now have a valid reason that allows you stay in the country? In these situations, it may be … Continue reading “Understanding the Stay of Removal”
California farmers, who often struggle to find enough farmworkers to harvest crops, are finding themselves in a dire situation as acres of crops are being left to rot in fields. Last year, $13 million in crops, including strawberries, broccoli, and lettuce, went unpicked in Santa Barbara County alone. The situation is expected to be far … Continue reading “Immigration Crackdown Results in Unharvested Crops in CA Fields”
A recent immigration sweep by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents netted hundreds of individuals, but only about 30% of those detained were the original targets of the raid. The other 70% were detained following “collateral arrests,” which simply means that the ICE agents found these people in addition to or instead of the person … Continue reading “70% of Immigrants Arrested in Targeted Raids Weren’t the Targets”
The U.S. Supreme Court has announced that it will re-hear a case concerning whether immigrants who are detained by the U.S. government have a right to a bond hearing to challenge their continued detention, which is essentially indefinite in nature. The outcome of this case has implications both for immigrants seeking asylum who turned themselves … Continue reading “U.S. Supreme Court Grants Rehearing in Rodriguez Right to Bond Hearing Case”
Although the U.S. Supreme Court has now issued its ruling on Trump’s travel ban, the ruling has failed to clarify many questions that still remain about the implementation of the ban. According to the ruling, the president’s 90-day travel ban on visitors from selected Muslim-majority countries is enforceable, pending arguments that will take place in … Continue reading “Confusion About Supreme Court’s Ruling on Trump Travel Ban”
On World Refugee Day, Adelanto Detention Facility, located northeast of Los Angeles, denied entry to a charter bus full of clergy, religious activists, and lawyers who had intended visit inmates at the immigrant detention facility. Community Initiatives for Visiting Immigrants in Confinement (CIVIC), a nonprofit group that facilitates volunteer visits to a number of immigration … Continue reading “Ministers and Lawyers Banned From Visiting Adelanto”
Despite the Trump campaign’s promise to focus on arresting immigrants with criminal records, the Trump administration’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) doesn’t appear to have the same focus. For example, in a July raid by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), DHS detained 650 immigrants from various states, the vast majority of which have no criminal … Continue reading “Surge in Deportation Raids Leads to Huge Increase in the Deportation of Law-Abiding Immigrants”
A recent Newsweek article highlighted the importance of all immigrants living in America to be aware of their constitutional rights in light of the increasingly hostile environment toward them created by the Trump administration. The Acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) stated during a congressional hearing seeking a billion dollar budget increase that … Continue reading “Newsweek Videos Designed to Educate Immigrants About Handling ICE Raids”
The Dallas Daily News is reporting that immigrants being held at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center in El Paso, Texas, are now being required to wear tracking devices. The devices, which immigrants wear on their wrists or ankles, use radio-frequency identification (RFID) in order to track the movements of those wearing the … Continue reading “Detained Immigrants Must Wear Tracking Devices in Texas Detention Center”
Landerholm Immigration, A.P.C.
1624 Franklin St., Suite 310
Oakland, CA 94612
Tel: (510) 488-1020
Learn more about the legal immigration process and how Landerholm Immigration, A.P.C., can help you fight for your American dream.Download